Friday, October 15, 2010

Delayed reactions

Had a very welcome visit to my therapist this morning after a disturbed and distressing night.

We came to the conclusion that my distress yesterday and overnight was a delayed reaction from seeing Uncle J on Tuesday afternoon....  It takes a while for my body and feelings to find themselves.

 We talked it through - and I feel more settled today - this afternoon.

 Meanwhile - I took my car to the mechanic and he still has it ... It is 4.00 pm on Friday afternoon....

He didn't know if he would be able to get the part today - Does he work tomorrow?  I don't know.

It will be a challenge to cope with the weekend without a car - and makes the plans for early next week difficult too......  Trust...... hey???

It has been raining since early morning today - steady misty rain that has turned quite cold this afternoon.  It is okay though - sort of snuggly.

Thanks for a gifted, trusted therapist....
For shelter in the rain.
That all the miners and rescuers got out in Chili.
For the fact that distress doesn't last forever.

2 comments:

  1. The car is okay - without need for a major part at this stage - collected it about 5.30. Very thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so great... I am glad u have your car back. And I am glad I have my internet back too! Sorry that this week has been such an uphill battle. I guess what goes up the hill, must come down sometime - and from what I remember, it is SO much easier! (To come down that is.) Hang in there, my dear friend. I'm with ya. xx Julie

    ReplyDelete