Monday, January 2, 2012

Revisiting 2011

 Where have you met Christ in 2011?
     in friends, in events, in the environment, in provision, in reconciliation, in quietness, in our minister


thankfulness - What did God unwrap for you in 2011? & What are you thankful for?
    new place to live, some good connections with those I care about, a new psychiatrist, no problems with my car or computer, enough to live on, through the thoughtful generosity of people, some things about myself that I actually like... as hard as they are to remember...
 
sorrow – What have you lost in 2011 & What are you leaving behind?
    ongoing sorrow for many things... so many that I haven't left behind yet...  I have lost a level of fitness and am disappointed about that, left my old home of 5 years, moved further away from my support and friendship base...,

gift – What gifts from the past year can you carry into the next?
    my gifted and insightful counsellor, a measure of physical health, new meds that seem to be helping a bit better, deeper connections with my family, fledgling friendships to be developed, a small group to lead...

fear – What are your fears and worries for the year ahead
    so many unnamed and undefined anxieties....  that some how... I will stuff it all up....

hope – What are your hopes for the coming year?
    a hint of more contentment, and maybe a moment or two of joy, increasing confidence in the things I used to do well before, deeper friendships, a new friend or two...  stability in my living situation for the time being...

 That's enough for now and for this venue...

2 comments:

  1. You might stuff some of it up. Don't we all? But usually some of the things we do work out well. You cared for yourself all through 2011 and there were some good results.

    I'm glad that you have your stable abode, even though it meant relinquishing your home of five years.

    We should get together soon eh? I haven't forgotten about that. Maybe we could do the advent calendars (or whatever) and bring them along.

    Take care my dear. Go gently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is lots to be thankful for... and yes it would be great to get together soon... we will think on these things.

    ReplyDelete