Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Grateful for a public health system

4.50 pm Tuesday, 1.3.11

So.. I went through the unpleasant experience of colonoscopy prep on Sunday and yesterday morning, and then had the scope and a gastropscopy as well yesterday afternoon.  As I said, I'm grateful for a public health system, which sometimes does well.  The staff were friendlier and more respectful than at the endoscopy clinic where I have been before.

 It was a routine screening procedure.. and I see the GP on Friday for the results.

 Today is the first day of autumn... I was preparing a study for Genesis 6-9 a little while ago, and was reminded how the seasons and days will continue until God comes again...  I wish I was as confident that the seasons in my emotional and mental life would be as predictable and sure.

 I guess it has proved consistent that the dark days don't last forever, but then, neither do the brighter ones.

 I am thankful for my God candle, for my blankie, for a washing machine, and for my good friends, and my car, even though it needed major repairs again last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment