Sunday, February 5, 2012

Anxiety........

I am thinking about anxiety today.....
 I am in the process of decreasing my day time anti anxiety meds... I reckoned I was still feeling considerable anxiety while taking the meds... so I may as well go off them and look for alternative strategies to cope with feeling anxious....

 Not sure how well that is working....

 Was reading today about a God who looks after me... and wondering why I still feel so anxious so much of the time.... 

 I know that the ongoing process of learning to be 'in the present moment' is part of the solution, and also knowing my feelings in that moment - and processing the things that are happening to me... instead of waiting for 2 days to have a reaction that I can pin point....

 There is the balance between activity, people contact, and down time... I don't handle the down time well...  I also know that now that I have started swimming twice a week... that this can help - and know in my head, that more exercise would help more - Can't change everything at once.

 Today the extreme wind we are having has been exacerbating my anxiety - at least I managed to close the latch the window in my room so it isn't banging anymore....

 My counsellor reckons that as I become more integrated as a person, my anxiety will ease.... Hmmmmmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment