Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thankfulness for Wednesday

I come to the end of this day feeling somewhat battered and worn - so I guess it would be helpful to think about the things I'm thankful for.

- I'm thankful that the visit with the psychiatrist went okay today - and finally we are beginning to find a language to communicate in that I am comfortable with... It's only taken 4 years!
- I'm thankful that I have a number of someone to call about the chip in my windscreen. Hope to call them tomorrow.
- I'm thankful that I've made it safely through this afternoon and evening.
- I'm thankful that things are always (nearly always) better in the morning.
- I'm thankful for a good bed to sleep in and Panadol for my aches and pains.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've inspired me today! After a tough day, I don't often feel like being thankful... it's after I've slept that I can realize what was good the day before. Good for you to do it anyways.
    Yay, about the communication barrier breaking down!
    Glad you can call someone about the windscreen.
    Safety is important... please keep safe, or find someone to talk to when you don't feel safe!
    Mornings are wonderful.... well, nearing noon is even better for me!
    Hope, you've come a long way! Kudos to you today!
    Luv,
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement, Dawn. I wasn't feeling all that thankful yesterday - but the exercise is a good one - My counsellor wants me to take enough time to relive the emotions of the things that happened that felt good during the day - to retrain my brain pathways - I find it really hard to be still to do that in the evenings which are often my most difficult times.

    Have a quieter day today, I hope it will be okay.

    ReplyDelete