Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thankful....

12.00 midday, Saturday Jan 8.

 I met my new boarder today - I think it is going to be okay - she will move in about Feb 5.

 I am thankful - but feel sad today as well.

 I have a plaque up on my wall that says: "Sambatra ny miantra fa izy no hiantrana".  Matt 5.
Oh, that's right - you probably don't speak Malagasy - It translates: "Blessed are the merciful for they will be shown mercy".

 I was given it by a couple in Madagascar, who had been burgled and we helped them with some things and some money - every time I look at it, I think of my heart to have compassion on people - it encourages me that God is having compassion on me - even when, often I don't feel like it much...

 Read in a book yesterday - that hope isn't about mental certitudes, but rather about communion with the Unknown in the Naked Now...

 Hmmmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment