Friday, January 7, 2011

To ride the bike or not to?

3.30 pm Friday

 I sit here on a hot Friday afternoon - looking out the window at the last two rows of grass on my back lawn that I didn't get mowed this week - and thinking about how I need to find a way to get some exercise.  I have a bike, that friends kindly provided for me 4 years ago.  It hasn't been ridden much - Can I use it as an okay way to exercise - without so much trouble with the flies of summer, and the boredom of walking???  Hmmmmmm.

 Saw J this morning - there was so much I could talk about - so I'm not sure I feel like we did anything very well.  I certainly need to find someone, or a group of someones to talk more about the missionary stuff.

 Then we spent more than half the time playing with the story of the Prodigal Son - telling it with the help of flannelette images - We discovered that both sons were angry - and we didn't really get past the going away from home of the younger son.  I am angry too - I am angry at all the hard work, I have done for so many years - and yet, I'm still sick.  My anger stops me from knowing God's love for me - even though he pours it out abundantly.  I know that I'm really angry at other people... do I have the courage to accept this, and bring it to the present - and receive the healing that can come???  Challenge for 2011...

 There are so many things to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment