Sunday, May 1, 2011

Africa...

8.45. 1.5.11. Sunday...

 Woke up dreaming of telling someone the story of the first year in Madagascar today...  I was so angry as I told of how we received so little support and help.

 Madagascar and time at Rift Valley invade my dreams so very often, almost every night... so many bombs, and chases, and blown up airplanes... Loneliness, unsettledness, and fear.

 Sometimes it makes waking up to a new day, a little difficult.  I am thinking of arranging to talk to a pastoral mentor type person about the Africa experiences, and try and process, a little, the trauma and damage of those times.

 I know there were a lot of good times too, and positive memories, but they are overlaid with isolation and fear.

 Planning approaching some significant anger work with my counsellor this next Friday... It feels like it has already started, as I prepare the symbols and think about the feelings.  I know I need to let them be, on a shelf... until the time... but it is hard...

 That's enough for today...

2 comments:

  1. Very very moving and interesting. A pastoral mentor seems like the sort of person who would understand.

    The surfacing of life in Africa is very timely as far as preparing symbols.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ann... I am thinking of making the email contact this afternoon...

    ReplyDelete