Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Memories

9.20 pm, Tuesday.

 Saw Uncle J today - he and his wife were colleagues of my parents in Kenya - he is 83 and jogs 4 days a week - just not this week as his knee has siezed up a bit from being cramped in the plane on his flight from South Africa last week.

 Don't know what I expected - he looks older, but easily recognisable - we went out for coffee and a walk around some gardens before going back to his hosts' place for a cuppa.  - He asked about mum, about the siblings and their families, about my time in Madagascar... but nothing about the past 8 years ... no mention of what work I am doing... if any  ....

 What did I hope for... my counsellor said he 'might' be able to shed some light on what our family looked like to someone outside - whether the abuse that was happening to me was evident - I couldn't ask the question - so we remembered shared family holiday times, shared school experiences with his kids (his youngest is my age).

 I am tired now - restless and a little discouraged....

No comments:

Post a Comment