Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Friends!

I am thankful for friends. Things weren't going so well last Friday - and I rang my friend, who lives on the other side of the city, early on Saturday morning - she can cope with a 6.30 am phone call - she said "come", "come and stay" - so by 9.00 am I was at her place. It was an 'odd jobs' weekend for her so I watched her garden and cook and we talked and I slept and read, and her grandchildren came over (3 and 2 years old). Thank you J!!!

I came back home Monday morning -feeling like I have been looked after. That helped.

I am thankful for my skilled counsellor
And for my pastor
And for my friends in the community shop
And for my friends at the nuns - where I went for morning tea today.
And for delicious carrot cake at the nuns morning tea!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your note is encouraging! Glad you were able to get away. I wish you well this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D - it was really tough last week... Hope you are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((Hope))) I'm sorry you had a tough week last week. Your friend must be very special and it is lovely that she invited you over and looked after you. Glad that you're keeping in touch with the nuns as that sounds like a good place too.

    The gratitude list looks like a good thing to do over time. Interesting watching how it evolves. :-)

    I hope that the cold weather isn't getting you down too much.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete