Sunday, August 22, 2010

Home again

I had my week at the nuns. It was a focus week on Finding your own happiness and we looked at the things that we find difficult in our lives and then thought about the good things that can come out of those difficult things. I found it a very emotional week and was really struggled in the Tuesday and Wednesday, with a lot of tears (in the privacy of my room) - but things started to come together on Thursday and by Thursday night, I could write a long list of things that are 'Happiness Threads' in my life - even though I very rarely feel 'happy' or 'content'. Some of those threads are the things I write in my thankful list.

I continued to see my counsellor during the time I was there - which was helpful. I have recieved some generous financial help for the cost of those visits which will last the next 8 weeks. I trust that good work will be done during that time.

Have spent nice time with good friends the past two days since I got back - and we will see what tomorrow brings. Am planning to get to the gym in the morning - that will at least start the week off on the right foot.

I am thankful for
- a beneficial time at the nuns and the opportunity for that.
- for really special times with good friends yesterday and today.
- for my heat pack.
- for my 4 year old's birthday party the Saturday before I went away.
- for candles......

One of the things that was read to us over the week is that 'Happiness is not the destination... it is the journey...'

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hope,

    Glad that your week with the nuns was beneficial.

    I think the journey is the most important part too. We are constantly travelling, so I'm not sure what we can consider destinations to be.

    That's great news that you are getting some help to continue with your counselling.

    Have a good week. :-)

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope,
    I'm so glad you were able to get away again! It sounds like good things are happening, although tough to go through, you are doing it.
    Take care this week.

    ReplyDelete