Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday

I wouldn't say that drawing class yesterday produced any masterpieces! My sideways plastic container looked like a toaster to the two people I showed it to - so there are still some problems with getting depth perception! They did recognize the apple beside it though - even if they didn't recognize the biscuits in it. I did the same subject first in charcoal and then in ink. I would need to really practice with the ink to get the hang of it - I think I want to be finished with my drawings too quickly!

Watched Notting Hill with a friend yesterday afternoon - it is such a lovely film - and we had a good visit.

Am looking at my lawn and thinking about whether it needs a mow - and whose mower I can borrow, if the sun is shining on Saturday - although the ground is very wet. Which is a good thing.

Been to craft group today - didn't take any craft - just talked to some people, and ate sponge cake with passionfruit icing! Haven't had an afternoon sleep today - so I'm sure it will be an early night - but I did get to Curves (gym) this morning with Joy.

Thankful?
Warm clothes
Heat pack for my feet and soft woolie socks
My comfort shawl
Rent money (my pension)
Someone's gift to help me pay to see my therapist for 6 visits!

and.... I am off to the nuns again the week after next - they had a cancellation for their focus week on 'Finding your own Happiness' and offered me the place.!!!

Take care all.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Hope, I am so happy you received a gift, as well as an opportunity to go back to the Nuns. I pray that God will continue to work in your life, giving you peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((Hope))))

    Hope your retreat with the nuns is as useful as last time.

    ------------------
    You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

    Buddha

    ------------------

    ReplyDelete