Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Money, money, money

It is crazy. I have a positive bank balance and no debt - which can be said of very few in this day and age ... that is not counting some money I do owe to a friend and to my mum for helping me buy my car last year.... yet I worry.

Had to pay car insurance today - and then when I was coming back from seeing a good friend, a big truck went by the other way and threw up a stone, which chipped my windscreen. I so hope the chip can be fixed without replacing the whole windscreen. Damn.... I was very annoyed!

I can manage my doctor's bills for this week, and have food in the cupboard - and am using the heating on trust that it will be okay to pay for it when the time comes.

I guess one of the factors at the moment is that one of my boarders is moving out on the weekend so that will increase my share of the rent. I am in conversation with another young lady, who is interested in moving in - but we haven't got beyond some conversation. I have appointments the next 3 days and my boarders' wedding on Saturday - so don't reckon I will catch up with this other girl this week.

It'll be okay............ I think!

2 comments:

  1. As wonderful as my hubby is, yesterday (after finishing our anniversary dinner) we went to the gas station to fill up, and I noticed that the little rock chip, that I had asked him to look after this spring, now was sending a thin line downwards and starting one upwards... meaning we will have to replace (rather than repair) the windshield. We had waited a year to replace it in the first place, and now a year later it's damaged... However, because it's on the passenger's side I'm sure it won't get done for a long time!

    Glad to hear you are able to cover your bills this week. Praying that you will find a suitable boarder...

    It will work out! I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Dawn. I rang my helpful mechanic and he will recommend a windscreen guy - I'd like to get it done this week - so that it doesn't end up needing to be replaced.

    Thanks for your care.

    ReplyDelete