Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mowing

10.40 Thursday morning

Spring and a wet start to summer has the grass growing very fast... and me getting stressed about how to mow it.  I hear the melodious sounds of a motor mower going around the lawn right now... the son of a friend is doing it for half of what I usually pay.

 But there is a longer term solution to the cost.  A friend has bought me a non motorised push mower for Christmas on Ebay... so I can keep the grass under control (when it isn't spring).  I've just gone on a 2 hour round trip to pick up the mower, and gave it a little test run.  It seems okay. So that means exercise and saving some money... Yay... I think!

 Have a little shopping to do today, and then to get ready for my trip to Geelong tomorrow to see the family over Christmas. 

 I am VERY thankful for generous friends ...
 For the reminder again yesterday that Christmas is about Jesus... not the things I stress about.
 For a washing machine!
 For somewhat warmer days.
 And for my new boarder who will be coming in February....

1 comment:

  1. Hey that's good news. I hope the push mower works out for you. Exercise ... well, good idea. ;-)

    I hope your trip to Geelong is safe and okay.

    Ciao and happy Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete