Sunday, December 19, 2010

Stars in a dark sky

5.00 pm Sunday

What a special time at church today...  Pastor spoke about Christmas being difficult for many people.. He talked about the star in the night sky, but it was a night sky.  My friend who lost her husband in March, lit the Advent candle to represent all those who are grieving and suffering at this time.

 Then there were star shaped notelets on tables up the front.  We were invited to come up and write the names of people for whom Christmas is hard, on the stars, and stick them on the sky that was left across the front of the church from the children's program a few weeks ago.  It was very moving.

 And Australia won the cricket match today... so hopefully they can do it again after the Christmas, when they play again...  I didn't even get to see the cricket as I went to lunch with a friend, and when I came home, it was all over... a day and a half before the time was up.

 I'm thankful for friends,
 and for the reminder today that Christmas is about Jesus... and I only need to do what I can do with family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are making it back to church, and that you have a pastor who is sensitive to those who find it hard. I wonder if anyone wrote a star for you. HOpe your Christmas is calm and bright. Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete