Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thinking about work

I saw my Job Search case manager today.

 I asked her to find out for me what I need to do to activate my Grad Dip Ed.  I have learned that I wouldn't last in an office job, even though I could do one... and have been reminded in the past 6 months, that teaching is what I really like to do... that and mentoring, or pastoral care.

Once we find out what I need to do, I will see about putting my resume in with the Christian Schools in the district and see if they want anyone to teach Religious or Biblical Studies part time.  I don't know if I'm ready to go back to work yet... but I think this is a more realistic track for long term sustainable employment, than anything else.  I could give my info to Tabor and the Bible College too as being available for tutoring.

 At least I'm thinking about work... even though the past 3 months have been really difficult, with one thing and another.

 Still no definite news on another boarder....

 Have also asked my Job Search Lady to see what is involved in putting my name down for public housing.  It is a pain to have to share, sometimes, and to change the house share arrangement every year or two.

 Thankful today that my drawing is coming along...
 For friends....

1 comment:

  1. That might be a good beginning. I hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete