Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

4.30 pm, December 31, 2010

Another 7 and a 1/2 hours and a New Year will start.

 I am thankful this year for:
 - The opportunity to particpate in the drawing class.
 - My skilled therapist and the work we have done.
 - My time at the nuns.
 - My help, encouragement, comfort and fun of time with my friends and acquaintances.
 - The opportunity to hang out at the community shop and occasionally talk to and encourage others.
 - Meeting new friends.
 - Making some steps towards being more real with my family.
 - God's provision of the things that I have needed and even things I wanted.
 - My new rag quilt for the back on my couch, made by a friend for Christmas
 - That my mother is still with us.
 - The opportunity to play with and hold children and babies.
 - The little bit of work I have been able to do, on and off.
 - My encouraging Job Search Support Person.
 - The help of my Psychiatrist, and GP.
 - Some times of fun and laughter.
 - Receiving the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series on DVD for my birthday.
 - My new camera.
 - For people's kindness and care and inclusion (at times).

I could go on... but maybe you get the idea... of some of the good things that have come my way in 2010.

I am always glad for the year to pass ... in the hopes that the next one, just may be better... that I may feel better, and just be a bit contented... and less anxious.  I guess it would be helpful if I can learn to stay present to the moment... rather than skipping ahead in fear or anticipation.  Something to work on in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment