Friday, July 9, 2010

Fragrance and Honey

I have just been reading about being a fragrance to those around us... and thinking about how some people just 'smell nice' - it has nothing to do with their perfume or whether they had garlic the night before... there is just something about them...

I want to be one of those...

This led me to think about a custom in Madagascar - Traditionally when a guest first visited someone's home, they would be blessed with honey or oil or both. Not mixed together and not anointed with the honey!!! But a taste of honey on the tongue and oil on the back of the hand. I know when I had that done to me... it made me feel special and welcomed.

What sort of traditions of welcome do we have in the west - and how do we show our fragrance through them????

1 comment:

  1. Interesting thoughts Hope.

    I think I read once that perfumes are influenced by the actual wearer.

    I think the fragrance of people and places is a fascinating thing.

    take care
    Lark

    ReplyDelete