Sunday, September 12, 2010

Drawing

Came home from J's about 1.00 - was wondering how I could spend the afternoon.

Unstructured days are a challenge.

I decided to start my next charcoal portrait drawing - it is from a photo of mum taken a couple of years ago. I have done about a third and amazingly enough - it looks like her - I have found I get joy out of doing these portraits grid by grid, square by square. Maybe it can be a way I can look at my own journey to being more whole --- grid by grid, square by square - and when I look at the square through the viewfinder, I can't see what the picture is - just lines and shadows and light.....
Hmmmmmmm.......

Is there really a picture that makes sense after all??? When I'll be able to stand back from it and see the lines and light and shadows in context as a whole?

Thanks for friends, for charcoal and erasers, for hot drinks, for my medication, and for sleep --- even if the dreams aren't often much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment