Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Today

It's my birthday today --- and I want to CELEBRATE! Will even go and get some helium balloons. It isn't a BIG '0' but I am finding I get energy from doing the drawing -

Seeing the sisters later today and we will get the traditional family birthday cake. A large chocolate chip chiffon cake with American beaten frosting. Then we are attending a forum on how to support and care for someone with dementia - my mum has some cognitive issues which can make things difficult for my sister especially who is her closest carer. Although mum is in care.

On the way to meet the sisters - I plan to stop in at a big art supply store and see about getting some more paper and maybe some soft white pastel to help with contrast in my charcoal drawings. I need some more special paper to put over and between them too - so the charcoal doesn't smudge.

I did a little work for a friend yesterday and it was REALLY nice to receive a little bit of pay - something is paying off --- all the hard work of the past 8 years, and especially the past year.

And my washing got dry yesterday - I have a lovely new doona cover set and cotton sheet as a birthday present. I like them VERY much.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to celebrate your birthday! I bet that cake was delic!

    Your drawings are getting so good. Glad you are able to get more supplies. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete