Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday

Sometimes even when some positive things have occured during the week - and some hints of sparkle in some revelations --- it doesn't mean it is easy to come up with things to be thankful for when I get to the end of the day.

A dear friend is going O/S for 5 weeks tomorrow - I know it will be okay, but I will miss her.

Gives me an opportunity to draw on and broaden the others in my friendship and support network.

I am thankful for them -

I have reluctantly turned my picture to the wall for a few days (week?) at the suggestion of an artist friend - so that I can come back to it with fresh eyes and 'finish it off'. I need to get a couple of boards to make a 'folio' for my work, and some special paper to put between the pieces so they don't smudge, and some big bull clips to hold it all together. Maybe I will just clip the pictures to boards and prop them up all around the house - I like looking at them!

Weary inside tonight.....

Thankful for my new bright doona cover (a birthday present) - even washed and dried today so I could put it on the bed already.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Hope.

    I know you'll miss your friend while she's away. It is hard being separated from those we care about.

    The drawing sounds like it's going well. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

    Have a good weekend. Keep warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete