Saturday, September 18, 2010

Internet support

There is a tempting lure to look to the internet for encouragement and support - through forums, chat rooms and Facebook.

I am often reminded that this is a false hope - nothing replaces people - via phone, text, or in person -.

The balloons are looking sadder and sadder - a visual indication of my mood.

Would it have helped if I had started a drawing today? Couldn't manage it somehow.

Thanks for
- afternoon sleeps
- birthday cake
- cups of tea
- a car and fuel to put in it
- .................................

Sometimes Hope is elusive.....................

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! ... did u leave me any birthday cake? NO! you didnt. naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. However, with the gentle touch of a human hand the balloons have revived! And hope my hugs too have helped to revive your spirit at least for a few days. xoxo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - I finished the cake!! It was yummy - I did share a little with a friend though - and the sisters.

    Good to have you visiting, Jules

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Dayum, I would love a piece of cake if I was allowed to eat it. I'm glad you enjoyed the cake and everything else you've listed.

    Peace and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to say that sometimes the net can be comforting. I've made some good friends there, including you and Julie. :-) Sometimes, it just isn't enough ... so it can't be the sole source of help. But you've worked that out anyway.

    ReplyDelete