Thursday, September 30, 2010

Charcoal drawing

 Here is the latest charcoal portrait I have done - together with the photo I worked from.
 
 It is only A3 paper instead of the A1 I used when I did mum's picture - but it will be easier to frame and give to my friend.

 I did it on Sunday afternoon... then yesterday I went and saw the European Masters at the National Gallery.  It was amazing to see the work of Renoir, Van Gogh, and Monet - in the flesh so to speak.

 I was more aware of colour and light and shade - and knowing where the light source is - so that it is consistent in the picture.

I'd like to be brave enough to try again with the pastels - I hope we do some more work with them in the next term of drawing class.

 I am feeling a lot more settled today.  Just spent 2 hours with a dear friend and her 4 and 1 year old.  It is so lovely to spend some time playing with and interacting with the littlies - especially as the boy was into a few cuddles today - which he often isn't.

Thankful for friends of all ages..
 For the community shop which made a lovely pumpkin and carrot soup today.
 For learning how to draw...
 For my counsellor and those who have facilitated my visits to her.
 For a safe trip to see my family on the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. What a great job you did on the drawing. Well done! Glad to see you are still being thankful. Have you found it to help throughout the day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am also once again impressed, my friend! And I would luv so much for u to do one of my pup Sally sometime. I think u need to get an ABN and start charging for your services! Great job. Very proud of u. Lots of luv... Jules

    ReplyDelete